Monday, March 14, 2011

WGN Radio Appearance


On Wednesday March 9, 2011 I appeared on the Extension 720 show, hosted by the award winning radio host Milt Rosenberg. I was joined by two other Line Cook/Chef's. We spent almost 2 hours discussing all aspects of Line Cooking, Food, and Restaurants. The experience was terrific and the show is both
enjoyable and informative.


Wayne Cohen in studio
                                    
If you love food, click on the link, http://bit.ly/fOR6nY, I'm sure you will enjoy this podcast.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I wasn't able to catch this live, but am listening to the podcast, and am absolutely fascinated!

    I'm a seasoned and savvy home cook who started loving food as a small child, when my gourmet grandfather would take me into the kitchen to "help" him. I joke that I could spell "gorganzola" before most kids could spell their names, but it's probably true.

    As you were, I am at a crossroads in my life career-wise. Food is my passion, and is what I want to do, but I'm not in the position to attend a culinary school or open my own place. I live in a rural area with mostly fast food institutions (or bad local "joints"). What steps would you recommend for someone like me?

    Thank you... I'm looking forward to both reading your book and following this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words.

    I say go for it. Sharpen your skills, especially using a knife for prep, and get in a professional kitchen. I did.

    Enjoy reading "Cooking On The Line", it will help you pursue your passion.

    Good Luck,
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete